Discover all of the natural beauty and splendor Indian Ridge has to offer.
Follow Us
Indian Ridge > Frequently Asked Questions

Here are answers to some of the most frequent questions we get asked by our couples:

Are there on site accommodations?

Indian Ridge contains both the Lodge and the 511 House on two separate portions of the property. Both contain multiple sleeping quarters, two restrooms, outdoor seating areas and amenities, full kitchens, recreational areas, and much more. We believe staying on site the weekend of your event enhances your experience and enables you to fully enjoy all the preserve has to offer. Pick apples in our private apple orchard, explore our trails, take a dip in the lake, or grab your friends and team up for a game on our volleyball court. Separate rental fees per house apply, inquire with us if you would like to learn more!

Do I really need an event coordinator?

Yes! Event coordinators insure that the details of your special day are executed in a professional and timely fashion. Indian Ridge has an in house coordinator should you need assistance during the planning process. These services are a separate fee.

Do you have any relationships with local vendors?

Yes, we do! Indian Ridge has been in the event industry for many years, and along the way has built longtime relationships with caterers, DJ’s, photographers, florists, rental companies, and more. We can share our preferred vendors’ list with you upon booking your event.

Do I need to rent a kitchen?

A field kitchen rental is required to host an event in the barn or field at Indian Ridge. A small tent, lighting, prep tables, and kitchen equipment are needed if a caterer is hired to service the event. In addition, glassware, flatware, and china rental are also needed, unless the client wishes to use disposables. Indian Ridge has a preferred rental company for these needs and can assist you in connecting with them. Do keep in mind that some caterers provide this equipment.

Do I need a liquor license?

All events at Indian Ridge must have a liquor liability license when alcohol is present on the property. Many full-service caterers already have a liquor license, and could provide the bar for your wedding/ special occasion. If you choose to purchase your own alcohol for the event, you will need to apply with the NYS liquor authority and submit it to Indian Ridge no later than 1 week before your event date.

Does the Barn have heat/ac?